The Gemini G-5040 is a high performance bi-optic scanner designed for the high throughput checkout environment. This is a unique modular bi-optic solution combining the best of two worlds, the Pollux P-4010 for vertical scanning and the Castor C-5010 for horizontal scanning.
With its modular concept the Gemini achieves a highly flexible and cost effective solution, especially for existing Pollux or Castor users who can easily upgrade to the Gemini system. A great advantage of the modularity is the continuous scanning capability, better known as down-time zero. In the unlikely event of a scanner failure, the other scanner will continue to function independently, keeping the checkout open and the customer satisfied.
The Gemini is ideally suited for hypermarkets, supermarkets and discounters.
Features & Benefits
- High throughput modular bi-optic retail scanner
- System consists of Castor C-5010 & Pollux P-4010 scanners
- Continuous scanning capability (down-time zero) - in case of scanner failure
- Interfaces; RS232, OCIA, IBM RS485, KBW - suits most systems
- 10 field, 25 scan lines - for reliable scanning
- Scanning Speed: 3500 scans/sec - for fast throughput
- EAS compatible
Gemini G4040 Specifications
|SPECIFICATION||Gemini G-5040-RO||Gemini G-5040-IK|
|Light Source||Visible laser diode (655 nm)|
|Depth of Field||300 mm|
|Scan Pattern||10 direction scan field, 25 lines scan pattern|
|Scan Speed||3500 scans/second|
|Decode Cabability||EAN/UPC/JAN + Add-on
Code 128, EAN 128, Code 39, Code 32, Codabar, ITF
|Interface||Double interface; RS232 & OCIA||Double interface; IBM RS485 & KBW|
|Environment||0~40°C, 0~95% RH non-condensing|