Auto ID and Data Capture...
Automatic Identification and Data Capture (also known as Auto ID or AIDC) is the process involved in automatically identifiying objects, or information about objects and then entering that data directly into computerised systems. Technologies that are generally included into the Auto ID classification include barcodes, magnetic stripes (MCR readers), IC (smart) cards, Radio Frequency tags (RFID), biometrics, Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and voice recognition. At present, in the Auto ID field, we offer a selected range of barcode scanners, and data capture terminals from a number of manufacturers. Some of our printers also include magnetic and /or smart card readers but (for now at least) we do not offer separate card readers, RFID, OCR, voice recognition or biometric devices.
Products are organised into four sections.
Handheld scanners include gun type CCD scanners from Argox and Scantech ID. These are further distinguished by scanning range and interface type.
Omnidirectional and flatbed scanners are used on production lines and most commonly in retail Point Of Sale (POS) situations.
Price verifiers are also often used in retail applications and self-service information points or kiosks
Data Capture products include ruggedised PDA's or mobile computers which incorporate a barcode scanning capability. Devices are offered by Argox and SynQe.
- Low cost CCD scanners
- Light weight and portable
- Keyboard Wedge, RS232, USB wired interfaces
- Bluetooth, cordless versions
- Light Level: up to 100000 lux
- Low Cost, Handheld, CCD Scanners
- High performance laser scanners
- Fixed counter top or wall mounted
- OEM Scan Engines
- Presentation Scanners
- Fixed Vertical and horizontal flatbed scanners
- Bi-Optic 'down-time zero' scanersystem
- High Performance Omnidirectional Scanners
- Customer information terminals
- Attractive design in red, black or silver colours
- Easy to install around the store
- Scanner for customer's use
- Clear bright LCD for customer information
- Choice of serial interface, Ethernet or WiFi
- Price Verifiers
Data Capture Devices
- Rugged PDA or mobile computers
- Dust proof, water resistant and shock protected
- Barcode and/or RFID scanning
- Serial RS232/USB and Wireless Bluetooth/WiFi interfaces
- Data Capture Terminals